5) Become more flexible. Some things are not worth doing perfectly. Be willing to compromise. Do Enjoy and Learn.
6) Learn to delegate responsibility to capable others.
7) If an unpleasant task is on your to-do list, do it first thing in the morning. The rest of your day will be freed from anxiety.
Step 2: Do
1) Write down appointment times. Don’t rely on memory. “The palest ink in better than the most retentive memory.” -Old Chinese Proverb
2) Whatever you want to do tomorrow, do today. What you want to do today, do it now. Procrastination is stressful.
3) Be prepared to wait. A book can make a wait in a post office line almost pleasant.
4) Simplify, simplify, simplify.
5) Make friends with positive people. Negative people will drain the life right out of you.
6) Eliminate destructive self-talk. There is no place in your life for it.
7) Do one thing at a time. When you are with someone, be with that person. Being present is the greatest gift can you give.
8) Forget about counting to 10, count to 1,000 before going or saying something that could make matters worse.
Step: 3 Think
1) Have a forgiving point of view towards people and events. Accept the fact that we live in an imperfect world.
2) “Worry about the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves…” that’s another way of saying; take care of the todays as best as you can and the yesterdays and the tomorrows will take care of themselves.
3) Add an ounce of love to everything you do.
4) Turn needs into preferences. Physical needs are food, water, and shelter. Everything else is a preference. Don’t get attached to preferences.
5) For every one thing that goes wrong, there are 10, 50, or 100 blessings. Count those.